Equine bodywork can benefit horses of all disciplines, from performance horses to trail horses. Consider that 60% of the horses's weight is from muscle.
If your horse is displaying any of these symptoms, massage therapy can help:
- Head tossing
- Unexplained lameness
- Lack of forward impulsion
- "Cold Back"
- Limited lateral movement
- Resistance or refusal to perform a certain movement
- Shortened strides
Equine massage therapy can aid in creating a well-balanced horse, mentally, physically and emotionally. All horses can benefit greatly from massage therapy, whether being ridden for pleasure or performance. Muscular tension and/or pain not only affects the horses's performance but also their attitude.
All dogs can truly benefit from therapeutic bodywork. Massage can have profound effects on the physical and mental well-being of our canine companions.
BENEFITS OF EQUINE AND CANINE MASSAGE
- Reduce stiffness and fatigue
- Reduce and break up scar tissue
- Lengthen shortened muscles
- Increase flexibility/range of motion
- Increase circulation
- Provide comfort and relief from chronic conditions such as arthritis
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Build trust and aid with behavioral issues
- Enhances athletic ability and aids in prevention of injuries
- Warm up muscles prior to sporting event
- Hasten muscle recovery after sporting event
- Heighten concentration and alertness before and after event
Horse and Hound Wellness strives to improve the quality of life for horses and dogs with therapeutic massage. For our equine companions the sessions will take place at the owner's barn, residence or sporting event. Canine massage takes place at the owner's residence, sporting event or other desired location. Horse and Hound Wellness offers services in the MD/VA/DC area. A travel fee may apply. Please call for further information.
* Massage therapy is not a substitute for veterinarian care. Horse and Hound Wellness recommends obtaining a vet's approval prior to any initial bodywork session.